Smart from the Start
With all the “green” products or materials on the market, how do you navigate the claims and confidently pick the best green-building materials? A Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) can help. LCAs are one of the most effective ways to evaluate how a product will impact the environment.
In the green-building industry, an LCA has two primary benefits:
- It helps consumers and building-code officials make more informed decisions during the design and building processes.
- It drives innovation by revealing opportunities for manufacturers to improve a product’s efficiency and quality.
When equipped with an LCA’s insights:
- Contractors can know how to better prevent or resolve environmental problems related to project management and improper waste disposal.
- Home Builders can use a life cycle assessment to explain and affirm how a green building material yields energy savings during the life of the building.
- Building Owners can see how sustainable products favorably reduce environmental impacts during the lifetime of their investment.
Life Cycle Assessment Resources
The Money Pit – a nationally syndicated home improvement radio show – celebrated National Energy Awareness Month recently. The goal was to highlight ways to help consumers save energy with green building designs and...Read More