Smart from the Start
With all the “green” products or materials on the market, how do you navigate the claims and confidently pick the best green-building materials? A Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) can help. LCAs are one of the most effective ways to evaluate how a product will impact the environment.
In the green-building industry, an LCA has two primary benefits:
- It helps consumers and building-code officials make more informed decisions during the design and building processes.
- It drives innovation by revealing opportunities for manufacturers to improve a product’s efficiency and quality.
When equipped with an LCA’s insights:
- Contractors can know how to better prevent or resolve environmental problems related to project management and improper waste disposal.
- Home Builders can use a life cycle assessment to explain and affirm how a green building material yields energy savings during the life of the building.
- Building Owners can see how sustainable products favorably reduce environmental impacts during the lifetime of their investment.
Life Cycle Assessment Resources
Green Building Solutions Meets National Radio Show The Money Pit!
The Money Pit – a nationally syndicated home improvement radio show – celebrated National Energy Awareness Month recently. The goal was to highlight ways to help consumers save energy with green building designs and...Read More
Product Life Cycles, And Sustainability
The Plastics Division of American Chemistry Council (ACC) is on the cusp of providing unprecedented cradle-to-polymer information about many of its plastic resin products. This life cycle assessment inventory (LCI) data, culled...Read More
Does Vinyl Follow LEED?
A report on how polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is viewed by the U.S. Green Building Council.Read More